Buqo YA Bundle 3: Finding Fairytales
We all want the happy ending, the dream come true. But what if it doesn’t happen? How far would you go to get that “ever after?” Would you change who you are? Would you swallow your pride? Is the story really going to be as perfect as you think? Follow the path of these characters and see where they lead.
The Path of Us by Cassandra Javier
Are our paths already laid out for us, or can we make them ourselves?
Can fairytales actually come true?
Clara has always been fond of fairytales and grand gestures. She always had a plan of how she’d like her life to turn out, and that’s why she worked hard to be on top of the class, and make sure that she has her real life Prince Charming to boot.
And then there’s Andrew.
Andrew’s always been the easy go lucky guy, but that doesn’t mean that he’s not smart and appealing; it’s just that he chooses to go through life in a fuss-free, no nonsense way.
When Andrew and Clara’s paths meet, things don’t exactly go easy. They hated each other with a passion, but then they got to share unexpected moments, and end high school with a memory that they’ll never forget. In college, they lose each other, and Clara has to go through the hardest things on her own--until a trip back home sends them to each other’s paths again.
Will they ever be able to understand their role in each other’s lives?
Or will they just get out of each other’s lives for good?
The Power of Three : Cassandra Javier
(一) Top three inspirations for The Path of Us
Hmmm this is tough haha...You know, I gotta say I'm not really big on "inspirations" coz I just wrote whatever comes to mind but, of course, there are since things that may have inspired the story.
- · For one, there's High School. I'm not saying it's based on a true story, but I tried to inject who I was in High School to Clara's character. *mYeah I had this thing about making sure that everything went according to plan, but of course, as time went on, I realized that life really could be a surprise, more often than not. Oh, and I had highlights at that time, too!
- · Next would have to be the Christmas season. Why? Because I'm a sucker for a good Christmas love story. I've had really sad Christmases when I just felt soooo alone, even when I was in a relationship. And also, I believe that somehow, we all get nostalgic during that season.
- · And thirdly, I'd have to say it had a lot to do with the feeling when your first real relationship ends: like your life is over. I want the young ones out there to realize that it's not like that. It may feel that way, but it never ends that way.
(二) Top Three Authors I Admire
OMG hirap! Haha. Of course, I'm a big fan of JK Rowling but that's a given na so....)
- · The first one would have to be Jodi Picoult. I love her, she is such a genius. She knows how to twist things and make you feel like "what the hell just happened?!" She has also broken my heart so many times. I'm very unconventional when it comes to endings. Coz sometimes, happy endings don't always stick with you, right? But those unpredictable endings do--and Jodi delivers each time.
- · Next one is Cecelia Ahern. Have you guys seen Love, Rosie? Err, don't think you know her because of that. The book's do much better and all her other stories are, too. Really loved "If You Could See Me Now" and "There's No Place Like Here" the most. She has this way of threading dreams and reality together. Like, the child inside her is alive. And the settings of her stories are in Ireland weeeee.
- · And lastly, it would be a toss between Rainbow Rowell, John Green, and David Levithan! Haha i cheated, sorry :P But i love all of them and I'd buy anything they put out, so there.
(三) Top three things I things I consumed while writing
- · Toppo. Nothing special, I just like it a little too much V.V
- · Green Mango Balls! I'm just obsessed with them. (Actually eating one now)
- And well, I just watched lots of Gossip Girl and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. :)