Buqo YA Bundle 3: Finding Fairytales
We all want the happy ending, the dream come true. But what if it doesn’t happen? How far would you go to get that “ever after?” Would you change who you are? Would you swallow your pride? Is the story really going to be as perfect as you think? Follow the path of these characters and see where they lead.
Love in the Time of Viral Videos by R. Linea
Like. Retweet. Follow. Fall in Love?
They say that that the things we own tend to own us in the long run. Today, at a time when we’re connected 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, social media has helped shaped who we are, how we want to be seen and how we deal with other people. And if that’s the case, then who knows us better than our own social media accounts? This is the story of Patch and Sebastian who met in real life, as told by their digital selves. This is their story in the time of #hashtags, inspiration boards, and viral videos.
I – Hurley. Chen. Karim.
Are YOU ready to be famous? This is 15 Seconds of Fame! The show where we give everyone a chance for worldwide popularity and then be forgotten to obscurity. Like all you viewers know, we’re always on the lookout for either the next Ellen DeGeneres discovery or the next evening news exposé. Because here in Fame, fifteen seconds you’re in and the next fifteen, you’re out!
Grab your popcorn my lovely viewers and get your bandwidth ready for a slew of videos that’s worth your miniscule attention. Right off the bat, we’re serving you the nth version of Let It Go sung by an unknown Filipino! And he not only sings it perfectly, he does it without his shirt on, right in the middle of EDSA traffic! Talk about grit! Oh yes, two things Filipinos are infamous for, traffic inefficiency and hitting the high notes, together in just one video! Could he be the next Oprah protégé? Will his face launch the next thousand memes? Only time could tell!
And by time, I mean your fifteen seconds is up, Mr. Half-naked Elsa. We now move on to the sequel of one of the forefathers of viral videos. I present to you, Charlie Bit My Finger Part Toe! Awww…look guys. Charlie’s biting his brother’s toes this time. He’s so cute with his googley eyes…as he tears the entire toe off! Oh my freakin’ G! Oh, I can’t watch this. Too much blood! I’m blacking out! I’m blacking out! Oh this isn’t good. Why does their mom just keep on taking the video? Can somebody please hand over my barf bag? Somebody please report this video immediately! Take it down!
The Power of Three : R. Linea
(一) Top three inspirations for Love in the Time of Viral Videos
- · The good, the bad, and the ugly of social media (or should I say the like, the dislike, and report for abuse of social media? Haha!)
- · Will Grayson, Will Grayson (Two awesome authors coming together to make an awesome book baby! I still feel unworthy of reading it.)
- · Antoinette Jadaone's films (She speaks my language, that is jolognese.)
(二) Top Three Authors I Admire
- · Chuck Palahniuk - I love his grit and how varied his books are from each other. His works can be a bit polarizing. But I like the fact that you really can expect the unexpected from his books--from storytelling, character development and all the twists and turns in between.
- · John Green - I'm proud to say that I bawled my eyes out over TFIOS. (Haha!) I came for his works' wit and humor but I stayed for their universal truth and emotional honesty. I find it admirable whenever he presents us readers situations and characters we've encountered one way or another. And I believe that's how John Green's readership transcends demographics successfully (i.e. making grown-ass men cry).
- · Sarah Kay - Beyond the quirkiness, poignance, and effervescence of the art of spoken word, she gifts her audience emotional truths that never fail to tug one's heart. She has a way with words that makes them alive. (And if those words walked with two legs, I'd probably date them.) I wish I have even half her talent. Haha!
(三) Top three things I things I consumed while writing
- · Chips (or anything) with either Tostitos Creamy Spinach or Cheesy Salsa
- · Cold water
- · Instant Pancit Canton
Powerbank from Buqo! (PH residents only)
Fun package from Japan! (International)