Buqo YA Bundle 3: Finding Fairytales
We all want the happy ending, the dream come true. But what if it doesn’t happen? How far would you go to get that “ever after?” Would you change who you are? Would you swallow your pride? Is the story really going to be as perfect as you think? Follow the path of these characters and see where they lead.
Just the Way You Are by Kat Sales
Rica Valdez has always been one of the guys, so it was hard for her to find a prom date. When her new friend and crush Joshua Fernandez volunteered to take her to the prom, she wondered if he liked her back too, or was he just being nice?
The Power of Three : Kat Sales
(一) Top three inspirations for Just The Way You Are
The basic idea for my story came from my high school days, with a lot of the elements there were taken from what I recall from back then.
- · First inspiration were the afternoons spent at the mall after class, which was probably the first taste of independence we had as kids.
- · The second inspiration was the the guy I had a crush on back then, and the situation between my main characters were inspired mostly about our interactions.
- · Lastly, my inspiration was the idea of "What if?". What if naging kami? What if we spent more time together? What if walang torpe? :)
(二) Top Three Authors I Admire
- · Nora Roberts - I have been a romance fan since high school but it wasn't until I read Nora's books did I realise that romance wasn't all about being cheesy or sappy. She broke the stereotypes of romance for me, and she's successfully injected suspense, mystery, fantasy, and even a bit of sci-fi to her stories. Her works are not your typical romance, even my brothers like reading them.
- · Neil Gaiman - While people love Sandman and his adult contemporary books, I'm more of a fan of his YA books like Coraline. I love that he can take crazy ideas and put some sense into them but still retaining the sense of crazy.
- · J.K. Rowling - While at the moment I'm not happy with her as a person (Does she have to keep on changing her mind about what she's written and apologising for it?), I absolutely love the Harry Potter series and would re-read it just for fun. I love how she's created such a world, and from what she's shared with her writing process, it's something that I can relate to.
(三) Top three things I things I consumed while writing
I rarely eat while writing. Sometimes I'd take a break for a snack, but I don't really have anything that's right by my side when I eat. I have, however, done on occasion eating my dinner/lunch while in front of the computer and browsing through inspiration but never really while writing. Drinks, it's usually water or coffee.
Powerbank from Buqo! (PH residents only)
Fun package from Japan! (International)