15 February 2015

youngblood no more :-(

Someone asked me a funny question lately: Ate, do you still write for Youngblood?

*blink, blink*

Wow. My last Youngblood article was in 2005. I don't think I'd qualify for it anymore---even at the older end of the spectrum. Sad. Hahaha!

But seriously, I think I had a good run. I think I had 4 articles published since 1999. Not sure about one of them because I never saw it.

However, I still remember the rush I felt when I saw my first article in print. It was the fourth article I had sent in for consideration---and in those days, sending articles had to be by snail mail (gosh, now my age really shows. Hahaha!). The first one was about Ally McBeal. Hahaha! My best friend and I were such fans! The second one (the one I never saw) was about being an architect, written in celebration of passing the boards. The third and fourth ones were chronicles of my life in Tokyo.

I haven't read Youngblood in ages, but I think they're an adequate chronicle of a generation's pulse . . . what makes them happy, sad, excited, or angry enough to take to the streets. But now that PDI is easily accessible online, I think I'll browse through some of the latest ones.

+ + +

Super duper thanks to everyone who has supported the book! Be Careful What You Wish For is available on Amazon, Kobo, iBooks, Overdrive, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords ;-)

If you'd like to review the book for your blog, send me a message via FaceBook ;-)

Arigatou, minna!

No comments: