28 October 2014

How do you write?

Hi everybody!

I wonder if you're like me and story lines and scenes seem to pop out at the most inconvenient of times. Like when you're washing the dishes or changing a dirty diaper or when you've almost fallen asleep after hours of rough housing with the kids?

How do you make sure your ideas don't slip into oblivion?

The hubby handed me one of his portable voice recorders the other week. He's an amateur songwriter, so he uses them to record snippets of the songs he writes. But I don't know ... it just didn't work for me.

I guess I'm more visual than I thought. I like seeing the words appear on screen as I type them out. I just adore the physicality of words, whether typed or written. When I'm in front of a keyboard and screen or have a pen and paper in front of me, words just seem to flow ... characters become more real ... scenes come alive ... well, for me at least ;-)
 
How do you write?

No comments: